Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Country Mice go to the City


Mr. B and I lead a quiet life here in the woods beside the lake. So when our son and his lovely wife gave us a weekend in Baltimore as a Christmas gift, we were a little hesitant to venture forth and sample urban life. Especially we are always reluctant to join that aggressive stream of traffic on I 95 that flows through Washington and Baltimore. But we joined the fray and we're glad we did.

The weekend included lunch on the waterfront at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. After lunch it was only a short walk to the Baltimore Aquarium which must be the most popular spot in the city. It was packed on a Saturday afternoon! The center photo is of the pedal boats with the Aquarium in the background. All the other photos were taken inside the Aquarium. I'm hoping to return this summer and go out on a pedal boat with my son.



We spent two nights at the Baltimore North Sheraton in Towson. What a treat that was! An afternoon visiting and watching movies at the son and daughter-in-law's house was great fun. Then we attended a concert - Celtic Woman - at the Hippodrome Performing Arts Center. It was a nice mix of slow songs and lively ones - a wonderful performance in a lovely setting!

We've had a taste of city life. And we learned that Mr. B can still pilot our car through the congestion with me reading the directions and maps, albeit with a wrong turn or two.

Now it's back to the woods, our cats and the quiet life.


I'm joining Mosaic Monday at the Little Red House.

Can anyone tell me why my collages made in Picasa don't look better in the post? Am I choosing the wrong size? What's the trick?

10 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a lovely weekend you had! I like Celtic Women, although I am sad my favorite singer is no longer with the group (Maeve). I have been playing lots of Irish music on the CD player - getting myself ready for St Patricks. :-)

Jessica Lynn said...

What a sweet gift from your son and family! It sounds like you had a great time! Venturing out is always an adventure for me also-- we live in a pretty small town. Things go at a much slower pace and even though I used to live in the big city (for a short time) I find it a bit overwhelming. I'm a slow going homebody too-- no two ways about it. ~SMILE~

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I think the collage looks terrific. When I want to see it better I click it and it enlarges. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

What a lovely trip. I've never been to that part of the country. I always find it very tiring when I go to the city, but exciting. Linda

Anonymous said...

that is a lovely mosaic!!! the pedal boats look really cool in the center photo.... :-)

Dar said...

I am a country mouse who used to be a city mouse. Given the choice, I will always stay centered best in my sweet country home. At my age, I need the s l o w e r pace to keep me growing and strong.
My days as a city mouse have been satisfied long past.
God Bless Your Journeys

Cathy said...

Despite the stress of driving in the city it sounds like you had a lovely weekend. What a very thoughtful son you have.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to visit. And I appreciate your comments too. I look forward to coming back to read more posts and hope to see you again soon.

Alea Milham said...

Baltimore is one of my favorite cities to visit, but is definitely my least favorite city to drive in!

What a lovely gift! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Celtic Woman is one of my kids favorites.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a great gift your son thought of....your mosaic is great. If you want a little more control of your photos and their size you can use the free program Windows Live Writer...with it you can enlarge your photo and see it...or you can use the size ratio options...it posts right to your blog and is a very simple to use program...much easier than setting up your blog posts on blogger...

Mary Bergfeld said...

It sounds as they you had a lovely weekend. I enjoyed reading about your adventure. I'll be back often to visit often. You have a lovely blog. Have a wonderful day.