Friday, July 23, 2010

Butterfly Napping

I can see a lot from my favorite chair - birds, deer, raccoons, squirrels, cats - and now a butterfly napping. It is soooo hot today, (100 degrees) that I was eating lunch in my chair instead of in the hammock. Imagine my surprise to see this butterfly land on the hammock and proceed to nap.

After checking the internet I now know that butterflies don't really nap, they only rest. They don't have eyelids and don't snore. If they did, wouldn't you love to hear a butterfly snore? I imagine it might sound like a cat purring. This fella rested for fifteen minutes.



Our stressful days continue. Mr. B and I have felt quite "down" but are starting to feel more optimistic. We are laughing again. Nothing is resolved.

I'm joining Claudia at Dipity Road for Finding Beauty Friday. There is always something to appreciate if one looks for it!

5 comments:

FairfieldHouse said...

Beautiful photographs of the butterfly resting. I sent you something via email. Hopefully, it will help lift your spirits.

Deborah

Pondside said...

I hope that the stressful days will soon be behind you and that, like the butterfly, you can rest peacefully in your hammock or wherever you choose.

Alea Milham said...

Great job capturing the butterfly. It was so nice of it to cooperate with you.

My daughter came through the kitchen the other day and saw cookies cooling on the rack and said, "can I eat one or are they posing for a group photo?" I think blogging is becoming a bit to intertwined with my life. :D

Wishing you lots of laughter and joy while you are waiting for things to be resolved!

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Beautiful photograph of the butterfly resting. A lesson to us that we need to take some time out in the day for ourselves and recharge our batteries!!

Jackie in UK

Jay said...

What a thought - a butterfly snoring! LOL! I imagine you'd need a hearing enhancement device to hear it at all!

He's gorgeous, isn't he? Just beautiful.