Monday, February 15, 2010

Before the Snow

These are photos I took recently, before the big snowfalls. My cat Sylvie joined me on a walk so her portrait is included. Sylvie is 17, so we didn't go far.


I absolutely love the center photo with the sun shining through that leaf! The dried arrangement is made of things I gathered. On a drive when I holler "Stop!" - Mr. B always stops and waits patiently and has learned not to ask, "What are you going to do with those weeds?" The lovely cream pitcher was bought at an auction in Greencastle, PA.

The road in the right corner is our own Iris Lane, the back drive into our house. In the upper left you can see a small stream running into our lake. The picture of two trees on the right side - I love the way two different trees can grow together - like Mr. B and me (yankee and southerner)!

I'm joining Mosaic Monday at the Little Red House.

9 comments:

Amanda at 32˙North said...

How fun to have a cat that likes to go for walks!

Jessica Lynn said...

Hi There,
What a beautiful area you live in! I love the woodsy picture in the far right hand corner. Wish we had tree's like that in our area.

I have enjoyed looking around your blog. I love all the natural elements and the bird's. My kid's and I have 2 bird feeder's by the back door of our home. This morning my 4 year old spotted a wood pecker. We also have a pair of cardinals that visit every so often too. They are especially impressive to my kid's. Of course because they're so regal looking.

P.s. We had a kitty that would follow us on walks too;-)

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

These are beautiful photos...and they made a great mosaic!!! Blogging is a lot like show and tell...I really hadn't thought about that before I read your profile...

Americana Lady said...

I like seeing the veins in the leaf! You live in a spot that emphasizes the beauty of America! I am glad you embrace it, Joan

Unknown said...

Beautiful textures... Beautiful photos... Lovely Fur Baby...

~Really Rainey~

Unknown said...

Great picture. Makes me want to get out too. Linda

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Lovely Pics! We grew up in the Shippensburg, Carlisle area back in the day- so we know Greencastle, PA well. My parents still live in Ship. Pa. so we still visit there.
Your area looks beautiful.
Darryl and Ruth

Carol said...

Beautiful pictures! Kisses to Sylvie!
Reminder: my give-away ends on Friday

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Thought I'd take a little stroll over your way, since you were so kind to leave a comment on my post.

Today is my first visit to your place and I have been wandering through your posts. I love the wildlife photos you share. They remind me of the creatures we see daily here on our farm in NC.

I also see above that you have a Yankee and a Southerner living side by side in your home as well. ;)

Liz