Monday, January 23, 2012

Fun with Altering

Yes, it is fun to play around with photos. This is shot of the trees in my yard in Virginia. I love the photo but I thought maybe I could do more with it. So I inverted it and then played with the colors. When the vote was taken at my house no one liked it. "Ghostly," was the comment. But I like it - love the lacy look of it. When seen without the original, it becomes almost an abstract.






So what it your vote? Do you like the altered photo? 


Head over to Little Red House and see her new design for this weeks' mosaic at  Mosaic Monday.

6 comments:

Pondside said...

Funny, but I didn't like it alongside the unaltered photo, but on its own, below, I liked it.

TexWisGirl said...

on its own, it could make a great greeting card image. :)

Snap said...

I like the Real one ... guess because I'm color crazy!!!!

My Little Home and Garden said...

The second one looks almost as if it were taken on a moonlit walk. The first has all the colour of a glorious autumn day. I think it's fun that you played with it. I should do more of that kind of thing!

Stephanie said...

I love it! Very creative and visually pleasing.

Sheila said...

I think the inverted photo is really a great idea. I'd like to try doing some inverted photos. Thanks for the inspiration!