Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cozy and Inviting


Doesn't this look inviting? I suppose no one was home as there is no smoke rising from the chimney. Maybe I could add some! This picture is the result of time spent playing with filters in Elements (cutout, twice) and a texture on top. Then I searched for a quote.

Picture yourself in a rocking chair pulled up close to a woodstove with the doors open. The logs are snapping and crackling. A book is in your lap and you have kicked off your shoes. Do I smell hot chocolate?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. Your outdoor photos are stunning.

Unknown said...

You have just described my dream getaway...I'm happy to now see it in photo form... I like it! Hugs

Dar said...

Much like my cabin in the woods, the fire does crack and the book lies unopened as I sketch in pencil in my drawing tablet while watching the deer, squirrels and an occasional partridge. Lovin' this entry and lovin' the woods. Home Sweet Home.
BlessYourHeart

Stephanie said...

My kind of retreat, looks quiet and pristine. It is a stunningly beautiful shot.

Nancy said...

Sounds a bit like my old farm house -- only without the snow this year.

Lovely shot. :)

Sheila said...

I always enjoy seeing your photos. Nice shot!