Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rushing water and mossy rocks.....

This collage is pictures I took in November and early December of streams near home. I love streams tumbling over rocks - the sounds of the water, the mossy rocks. All my life I have wanted to live on the bank of a stream like these. It hasn't happened yet.


I have been focusing on learning how to get that look of silky flowing water. It required a Natural Density filter and knowing how to set the aperture, shutter speed, exposure and type of light. I sat on the bank of one stream for an hour and a half and took numerous pictures. For the photo on the top left I was standing in the stream wearing my gardening shoes when I stepped in a hole and the water poured into my shoe. It was worth it for this shot.

Go over to Little Red House and see the other photo mosaics. Try one yourself!

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

laughing at the wet foot! beautiful shots, though!

Unknown said...

Yes, I'd say it was definetely worth it. You live in such a beautiful spot. I like the one with the trees in the background for some reason. It just caught my eye.

Deanna said...

There is nothing like the sound of a stream. I could almost hear the water while looking at your pictures. It is amazing how much a filter can change the look of a shot. Yours are beautiful and well worth the wet feet!

Sheila said...

Lovely mosaics - beautiful photos! I would like to experiment a little more with my photos in the coming year. I'll look to you for inspiration!

Unknown said...

I share your thoughts of living along a source of running water...These shots are stunning! What an eye for detail! Thanks for sharing. Hugs

The French Hutch said...

I can imagine the water sounds as the stream moves across the water. I love the sound and everything smells so fresh of nature. Beautiful snaps and well worth getting your feet wet!

~Emily
The French Hutch

Elaine said...

Thanks for the visit.. Love these water pictures..As a girl we had small streams running through the farm.. Your picture remind me of the streams in NC near my sisters;

Carol said...

Beautiful pictures! I can just hear the rush of the water and can just imagine how nice it would be to leave by such a beautiful place.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You did a wonderful job capturing the water effect. There is so much I ahve yet to learn about my DSLR camera.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for your kind words of sympathy to me on the loss of my Mother.

eileeninmd said...

Great captures of the moving water. A lovely mosaic and photos. Have a great day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is so interesting! I've always wondered why the flowing water looks so pretty in some photos! I need to learn more about nature photography! ♥ I love yours! ♥