Tuesday, August 9, 2011

There is a new Big Boy at my house!

AND HERE HE IS!
An Epson Workforce 1100 that prints 13 x 19 and uses pigment inks.

Now I have no more excuses! You know how that goes. "If I had a better printer I could....... print larger photos and sell them for big money....... print my photos on fabric and make wonderful art quilts worth hundreds of dollars!"

It is "put up or shut up time" and I am terrified! What if I can't do all those things I always thought I could?


Can I possibly claim I need any more equipment or supplies?

Here is my "old" printer, my scanner, my sewing machine, and an antique treadle machine. 
Do I need more?


 Because we haven't been able to sell our lake house in Virginia (see the side bar), we are feeling the pinch and need some income. I have tried to get a job. Really, I tried. I applied for a few. But employers see me as "over the hill." And I have no one to recommend me because I was self employed for years. And I really don't want to go out and work and miss all the fun times with Mr. B. We have been giggling a lot lately. Would I want to miss that?

So, Etsy store, here I come. With fear and trepidation. Can I do all the techie things necessary? Advice anyone?

Just so you know. I didn't spend big bucks for Mr. Big Boy. He was the cheapest wide format printer I could find that uses pigment inks, the kind that last 100 years. He was on sale for $99 and free shipping from Amazon.

3 comments:

Diane Writes said...

Wow great find for a fabric printer! I would love to see some of your finished works! In my country they are as well soooo expensive.

Janet said...

No job could make up for missing the giggling times with hubbie. Great deal on the printer and I am sure you will figure out how to use it...me...I am a total technophobe. Don't even ask what happens when we can't get our TV to come on ;).

Janet

LindyLouMac said...

All the best with your new project.