Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bedroom as a Retreat

Do you have place in your house where you can retreat when you don't want to hear the TV another minute? When one more football or baseball game will drive you insane ?! How about your bedroom? Below are three bedrooms that would make nice getaways. A place to curl up with the latest historical romance or a good mystery. Be sure to make yourself a mug of hot chocolate, or maybe a pot of tea. A few cookies might be nice too. Pamper yourself!This looks like a nice escape - romantic without being too frilly to share with a husband.
This bedroom is simpler but inviting. It is in an addition to a craftsman style house. The flat board woodwork was chosen to go with the craftsman style. Isn't the transom a nice touch?
This room is inviting without being too fussy. A soothing atmosphere and a comfy looking bed.
Photos : Country Living, BHG

Where do you retreat when you want to be alone - the bedroom, the guest room, the porch?

5 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

I desperately need to do something with our master bedroom. It's like a dark cave and I don't feel like doing anything but sleep in it. It's pretty sad. I need a lot of natural light in a room to really enjoy it.

Porch Days said...

Natural light is the best. Is there a way to bring in light? Could you add one of those tube style skylights or increase the window sizes? (I put in a larger window.) If not,then maybe decorate in pastels and white and put in higher wattage light bulbs.

Strugging to be stylish said...

Husbands can be so priceless. I was very smitten by a (new) distressed-looking, antiquey-looking chest and showed it to Beloved Husband. His reaction was that people would think we couldn't afford to buy new furniture. Sigh.
I'll enjoy checking out this website!
(I had trouble moderating this so I posted it myself. Some days are a real "Struggle!" Porch Days)

Struggling to be Stylish said...

Husbands can be so priceless. I was very smitten by a (new) distressed-looking, antiquey-looking chest and showed it to Beloved Husband. His reaction was that people would think we couldn't afford to buy new furniture. Sigh.
I'll enjoy checking out this website!
(Had to repost this myself as the moderating was not working. Porch Days)

Porch Days said...

I love your use of the word "smitten" here. Did you educate your husband about distressed furniture? I'm guessing the "sigh" means no.