Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Porches

Today I'm featuring Summer Porches in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Twice a week Mr. B goes to the clinic to see about his leg. So I ride with him and eat a porch chop biscuit (see Favorite Breakfast) and read a book while I wait. Several times I walked a few blocks and admired all the flowers and porches, and one day I was smart enough to take my camera. These photos are the result.

I had fun choosing which photos to show. Some of them I used filters on, just for fun! I hope you enjoy my tour. This is my Friday Finding Beauty offering for Claudia at Dipity Road.








I hope you love summer porches as much as I do. I'm spending lots of time on my porch, always with a book and a cool drink. Thank goodness for the ceiling fan. And yes, there may be a nap or two as I swing gently in the hammock!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty porches. Yes, I do love porches, and love to see how others decorate them.

D

Holly said...

Love the pics. You capture them well.
-Holly

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful porches.

Those blue hydrangea are gorgeous!

Carol said...

Love the porches! It's been too hot & humid here for my hammock. Isn't napping in a hammock the best?

Ebie said...

Your porch is a lovely spot to have tea and cookies looking at the beautiful scenery!

Friday Finding Beauty

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I just love seeing porch pictures. There's always so much inspiration in them. We have a long narrow porch that we've been trying to make more comfy. I love the one with the Hydrangeas in front.