Friday, March 19, 2010

Sorrow and Joy

Claudia at Dipity Road has it exactly right in her Friday - Finding Beauty post. Along with joy comes sorrow. Our house inspection went well and we are waiting to hear from the seller about the repairs that need to be done. So I am thinking about what I will be leaving behind here at the lake and our woods. I have enjoyed watching the ducks and geese.


I will miss looking out and seeing the lake.


I will miss the stream that flows into the lake and taking pictures of the waterfall.

I'm trying to focus on the positive aspects of the move, but I will be roaming the neighborhood and saying goodbye to my favorite trees, stumps, and views.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh you sweet thing. I can only imagine how hard this will be for you. Dont say goodbye!-- say "until we meet again" -- you will some day and have them read your blog and keep connected.

Thanks ever so much for joining us with FFB! Your ducks are so beautiful.

Hugsss.
Claudia

GardenOfDaisies said...

Change is hard. Saying goodbye is hard. But you are going to be so excited about the new place and unpacking everything and figuring out where you want everything to go and how to decorate, that you will not be sad anymore. :-)

jen said...

I'm going to miss this house and being in driving distance to you :(

WickedThrifty said...

i am reminded of the loveliest sympathy card i ever saw, which was a remainder at the bookstore i worked at and of which i took home many copies: "there is no end which is not a beginning."

take time to mourn what passes but enjoy what shall come, too.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I am afraid we will be having to say good bye to our house in the coming weeks too...I feel you!

I am having a "Blue Monday" Giveaway...come by and take a peek.

Have a terrific week!

Stay Cozy, Carrie