Saturday, October 5, 2013

Golden Atumn Leaves

It was a beautiful Indian Summer day. With the sun coming though leaves that were turning yellow, the woods looked golden. Mr. B managed to find the way to a stream in Hanover, CT that we had seen two years ago. There was plenty of space to pull the car off the road. I headed into the woods and clambered over the large rocks bordering the stream. My tripod was useful in helping me maintain my balance.

The first time I photographed this stream two years ago was my first time successfully adjusting my shutter speed and everything else to get a nice smooth effect on the flowing water. In the interim I have learned a lot. Today's photo shoot was a big success. I only had to delete a few shots - most of them because I was having trouble standing still on the wet rocks. Visions of myself on crutches was strong motivation to be very careful!



I am grateful to live in such a beautiful place - Northeast Connecticut.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

These are beautiful.

Pondside said...

Beautiful autumn shots. Water and leaves in autumn are lovely. Up here we also have the salmon returning to spawn, so our streams are full!

TexWisGirl said...

wow, that first shot is pure gold - no pun intended. :)