Monday, April 18, 2011

Little People

I enjoy creating many different types of things, from photo cards to fabric sculptures. These little people are a favorite of mine. I think of them as the Mr. and Mrs.  Sheila of Starshine Through My Windows saw their picture in a post about my new studio location and asked me how their bodies are stiff enough to hold them upright.


The torso is actually a pill bottle. The rest is a bit of fabric, felt and pantyhose. Oh, and her purse is leather. My supply area is well stocked enough to have all this on hand!


Every well dressed lady has her earrings on.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

These are absolutely darling. Very creative to use the pill bottles. I hate to throw anything away. My SIL gets all our pill bottles and light bulbs for projects. I came over from Mosaic Monday. blessings
QMM

Polly said...

Love your new heading!

Carol at Serendipity said...

Nancy,

These are darling. You are very creative. I love the photos in your header.

Carol

Sheila said...

Nancy - I really am impressed by the closeups of your dear little people. Thanks for explaining how you make them - I would like to try making some. I can hardly wait to try! I always like to have something to work on while I'm watching tv and these would be perfect. I think I'll organize a basket of supplies and make a little doll or two. Hope you have a good week and thanks again!

julie king said...

these are so cute -- truly adorable!!!!

Vee said...

So cute! That's a good use for those pill bottles we all have. Darling expressions, too. I read above that you're off to the lake where there's no Internet. Sounds perfect. I hope that you have a wonderfully relaxing time.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! These are adorable! ♥

eileeninmd said...

These little people are so cute, very creative.