Monday, July 18, 2011

Buttonwood Farms - Sunflowers & Ice Cream

If you live in Connecticut and want good ice cream in a lovely setting, go to Buttonwood Farms in Griswold.  Buttonwood Farm Ice Cream, Inc - 471 Shetucket Turnpike. They make all their ice cream. Butter Brickle was my choice in a fresh made waffle cone. Mr. B enjoyed Maine Blueberry, my daughter tried Almond Coconut (I was tempted by this) and my SIL had chocolate cherry. There are many flavors, even bubble gum.

The sunflowers were not in full bloom yet but should be next weekend, July 23, when they sell bouquets for $5 and donate the money to the Make-a-Wish-Foundation.



 There were plenty of photo ops and my daughter and I took advantage of them. Mr. B commented that had he realized it was a photo trip, he would have taken a book to pass the time! You'll be seeing more photos of an old house, a barn, stone walls, and of course, more sunflowers!



Hop over to Little Red House and experience Mosaic Monday. I'm joining the party!

10 comments:

Pondside said...

Nothing says 'summer' like a big bouquet of sunshine - sunflowers! I can't wait to find my first bunch.

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

I love sunflowers such cheery looking flowers. The ice cream flavours sound divine, a bit too far to travel for me!!

Have a great week, Love Jackie in Surrey, UK.x

Anonymous said...

Lovely Sunflowers and the ice cream sounds pretty good too.

Carol said...

Beautiful sunflowers, just beautiful. Looks like a popular place for ice cream!

Sheila said...

Will you be tempted to drive back for some sunflowers next weekend? What a great way to raise money for a good cause. I'm looking forward to seeing more sunflowers.

Pamela Gordon said...

I love sunflowers but hope I don't really see them here in New Brunswick yet as it means summer is going too fast! Lovely photos. ~ Pamela

A Garden of Threads said...

Every time I see sunflowers I think of summer. Can't wait to see more photos. Have a wonderful week.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Be still my heart...I love those sunflowers!

My Little Home and Garden said...

It's great how they turn to follow the sun. Your photos are lovely; I like how you included different stages of the flower.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I forgot about this place and have never been! Thanks for the reminder, lovely photos.